Imagine that a terrible catastrophe happened in your town yesterday. It can be a natural disaster (earthquake, tornado, flood...) or man-made (bombing, hijack, plane crash...)
First make a list of the consequences of the disaster. For example:
There was an earthquake.
- · Several buildings collapsed.
- · A fire started in the gas station.
- · The gas station exploded.
- · There was no electricity.
Then write a piece of news about the incident.
Now imagine that you arethe mayor of your town. You are giving a press conference. Prepare the press conference where you are going to say what the town has done to solve the situation.
- · We have called the emergency teams.
- · We have brought ambulances from all over Catalonia and France.
- · Many injured have been taken to the hospitals in Palamós, Girona and Perpignan.
- · We have restored electricity.
- · We have cut the gas distribution to avoid more explosions.
You are going to do this work in groups. You can write your report and news conference or you can create a video.